Friday 4 October 2013

P. Peroxisome


My name is P. Peroxisome, and I’m here to convince you to vote for me as Cell Organelle President. Though you may see me as small, or useless, my job helps save you every day. 

Without me, the hydrogen peroxide that I help to convert to water and oxygen would have destroyed all you other organelles. 

You could likely say that I am the ‘Police Force’ of the cell, taking down the dangerous toxins that threaten Cell City. Who’s insignificant now? 

Each cell has several hundred of me inside it. Together, we protect the cell with every second, fighting off the dangerous toxins that threaten the life of the cell. Something else you might not know about me is my great ability to breakdown fatty and amino acids. 


IT TAKES STRENGTH!

Not to be arrogant, but I am especially important in the liver because I detoxify alcohol in a process called Oxidation. 

Remember, I may be small, but I am not insignificant!

Without me the cell would be a dangerous place, full of deadly toxins

Vote for me to keep the cell a safe place!


TINY BUT MIGHTY!



No comments:

Post a Comment